- This event has passed.
After Work, Friday Drinks with Jussi
April 10 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Tired after a hard week of working from home? Club Soda is hosting Virtual Friday Drinks online!
Join Jussi for our FREE weekly online Virtual Club Soda Social.
We are supporting our members across the world during this current social crisis by providing a safe, virtual space to meet, chat and socialise from 6pm GMT. We know from your FB post that people are finding isolation and social disruption highly stressful and that there is an increased temptation to use drinking as a crutch. So join us online for a laugh or a heart-to-heart. Our facilitators will have a range of things to talk about and most importantly, will be there to listen to what you bring to the social without judgment.
It doesn’t matter where you are in the world or on your Mindful Drinking journey but sharing and support on that journey – week in and week out, is something we can all use. Doing this online is one way we can do this when we are isolated and feeling vulnerable.
So grab your computer and a nice AFdrink, find a quiet space and make yourself comfy.
Join other Club Soda members for a natter, some accountability and some real advice from people who have been there and done that!
HOW TO JOIN OUR CONVERSATIONS?
- There are 11 places in our private room. Places are on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The location for the meetings is always the same – you can find it by clicking here https://whereby.com/clubsoda at the advertised time.
- We use a platform called Whereby as we have found it easy to use. You also don’t need to sign up to use the platform or download anything – just click the link and it opens in your web browser or the app. It should be as easy as clicking the link. Below are more instructions to help you get started.
ONLINE SOCIAL ETIQUETTE
- Places are on a first-come-first-served basis. If you find you can’t get in then let email@example.com know and we can arrange more gatherings.
- What people discuss in the meeting is confidential, so please respect people’s privacy and don’t discuss the conversation elsewhere.
- You don’t have to say anything, you can just listen – there is no obligation, but the more you contribute the more everyone will get from the session.
- Note: this is a facilitated meetup, not therapy. Our volunteers are not qualified coaches but will use their experience to guide the discussion to enable mutual support.
You can use your usual up-to-date browser to access the room like Chrome or Firefox
It has a stable internet connection of at least 3.2Mb/s outbound and inbound (basically if you are having a problem this may be the reason, but most domestic wifi should be this strong). If you are having problems you may want to turn your video off and just be connected by audio.
Problems with video or sound – click here for some troubleshooting help.
Want to use an app you can download it here?
Join a Whereby Meeting
These events are free for everyone, but if you’d like to support Club Soda during this economically difficult time you could make a donation on this link.