- This event has passed.
Global Mindful Drinking Festival: How do I shift my identity away from being a drinker?
October 30 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm BST
Once you change your drinking habits, you begin to understand how much of your identity was tied up with drinking. So how do you now create a new authentic identity as a non-drinker? How much did that previous ‘drinker’ identity impact you and the change you are making? And how can you shift your self-perception?
Join our panel of experts and people with lived experience to explore the issue of identity.
- Claire Davey is a PhD student at Canterbury Christ Church University researching women’s identities in sobriety with a particular focus on online communities.
- Dr Emily Nicholls is an alcohol researcher and Lecturer in Sociology at the University of York, UK. Her research explores topics ranging from a ‘girls’ night out’ to drinking during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- David Gilani gave up drinking when he was 19 and is Head of Student Engagement and Advocacy.
- Sarah Connolly is a Grey Area Drinking coach and mindfulness teacher
- Mikey Moss works with The Recovery Festival in Bristol
- Hakeem S. Allen is the founder and Executive Director of the Anti-Racist Social Club.
Full biographies of panelists can be found here.
This event will be streamed live in the private festival area on joinclubsoda.com/festival sign-up today for access and to watch again.