Statement of responsible business principles
Club Soda is a social business. That means that we want Club Soda to have a positive material impact on the environment and on society as a whole, and we aim to be a responsible business in every aspect of our work. So we commit to following the five principles of a purpose-driven business, developed by Blueprint for Better Business, as set out below.
At the heart of being a responsible business is our purpose, to contribute to a world in which people drink mindfully and live well. This social purposes is legally enshrined in our governing documents.
We have a purpose which delivers long term sustainable performance
- We operate true to a purpose that serves society, respects the dignity of people and so generates a fair return for responsible investors.
- We enable and welcome public scrutiny of the alignment between our stated purpose and actual performance.
We are honest and fair with customers and suppliers
- We seek to build lasting relationships with customers and suppliers.
- We deal honestly with customers, providing good and safe products and services.
- We treat suppliers fairly, pay promptly what we owe and expect our suppliers to do the same.
- We openly share our knowledge to enable customers and suppliers to make better-informed choices.
We are a responsible and responsive employer
- We treat everyone with dignity and provide fair pay for all.
- We enable and welcome constructive dialogue about our behaviour in keeping true to our purpose.
- We foster innovation, leadership and personal accountability.
- We protect and nurture all who work for us to ensure people also learn, contribute and thrive.
We are a good citizen
- We consider each person affected by our decisions as if they were a member of each decision-maker’s own community.
- We seek and provide access to opportunities for less privileged people.
- We make a full and fair contribution to society by structuring our business and operations to pay promptly all taxes that are properly due.
We are a guardian for future generations
- We honour our duty to protect the natural world and conserve finite resources.
- We contribute knowledge and experience to promote better regulation for the benefit of society as a whole rather than protecting self-interest.
- We invest in developing skills, knowledge and understanding in wider society to encourage informed citizenship.