What to buy in Morrisons
Shopping for low and no-alcohol drinks in Morrisons
We were pleasantly surprised by the choice of low and no alcohol drinks in Morrisons supermarket (we went to our local big store in Stratford) – and they even put these drinks in places where you can find them! As you know our #NannyStateWarrior has been getting exercised about the placement of non-alcoholic beers in Tesco.
- Low and no alcohol drinks are generally placed together, so they are easy to find
- The prices are pretty reasonable
- The range of non-alcoholic and low alcohol versions of alcoholic drinks is pretty good.
Room for improvement
- A greater range of pre-mixed adult soft-drinks would not go amiss
- The non-alcoholic lagers tend to be ‘citrus’ versions that are packed with sugar. There is room for some well-brewed non-alcoholic beers like Erdinger or Nanny State
- They could up their game further with interesting cordials, so we can pimp our water.
Non-alcoholic beers and lagers
In the supermarket we visited we found Becks Blue (0.05%) and Bavaria (0.0%). Online, Morrisons also sell a St Omer shandy (0.5%) called Panache, Fosters Radlers (0%), and St Omer (0.5%), along with their own-brand bitter shandy (bottles and cans).
Cider and wine
In the supermarket we found a full range of Eisberg de-alcoholised wines (0.05%) and Kopparberg alcohol-free ciders (tastes very much the same as the alcoholic versions). Morrisons also sell their own-brand 1% ABV cider.
Low alcohol beers and wines
In our shop we found Bavaria Citrus Lager Shandy (0.9%), Carlsberg Citrus (2.8%), Carling Zest (2.8%) citrus and red berries, Morrisons own brand 2% lager and bitter beers, and First Cape wine which is 5.5% ABV.
Adult soft drink options
Hooray for San Pellegrino orange and lemon, Fentimans Ginger Beer and Dandelion & Burdock (although we would like to see a greater range here) and Crabbies Ginger Beer and Raspberry Ginger (make sure you pick up the non-alcoholic ones!), all on the shelves at the supermarket. Morrisons also sell premixed Bottle Green, Shloer, J20 Spritz and their own brand Edlerflower Fizz and Raspberry lemonade. They do seem to be a bit slack on the cordials, which we would like to stick a nice variety in our cupboard and pimp our own water or Fever Tree Tonic (Morrisons stock Eldeflower Tonic which is also great on its own).